Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Overcome

I am completely overcome and in awe of how much support we have.  Though I haven't connected with as many families experiencing loss as I expected (or really know how to find them...) we have received a TON of community support, people willing to help out, and almost all in the past 24 hours.

Putting together these comfort boxes for the NICU is daunting.  The purpose of them is to care for the body, comfort the soul.  It includes an assortment of items I received after Reagan's birth that were either nice items for me to indulge with - a nice smelling aromatherapy lotion, sleepy tea I could sip while overlooking our newly planted garden - and books that brought comfort and healing to my soul.  But it adds up quicker than I would have expected.  So, we started looking for some tangible donations.  Here's what we've got:

Again, Shutterfly donated the first round of our printed material, including cards that are delivered with flowers and cards for the boxes.  We are still doing hand decorated cards, but using Shutterfly gets us a much higher quality paper and allows us to put the beautiful drawing my talented mother (aka Kathy Ferguson) did with the website info on the back of each card.

George at Dilworth Espresso graciously donated the beginning of our coffee needs so these families receive a wonderful, aromatic coffee with local support.

Forest Hill church just donated a case of Bibles for us!  This will get us through quite a few boxes and allow us to share the Gospel with families when they are hurting the most.

Bekkie La Vine (With Love Photography) and Kelly Smallman (Kelly Smallman Photography) agreed to donate photography services as a give away for donors.  I am so excited and love both of these women for their photography work and desire to give back to the community!

God has graciously put so many people in our path to help us in this journey.  Two years ago I didn't know a single local photographer, didn't have really any community contacts that weren't related to physical therapy.  And you sure wouldn't have caught me asking people for donations.  God has completely thrown me outside of my comfort zone, and I pray he will us that to help bring peace to others!

Blessings,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment